PRINCIPAL DATA ARCHITECT --- CLOUD COMPUTING PLATFORM SERVICES
Location: Mountain View, Ca
Be part of the Platform and Technology team within the office of the CTO and develop the next-generation, platform using the cloud infrastructure with the objective of enabling delivery of world-class On-Demand applications.
As an architect of application & platform you will be responsible for working with application development, platform development and solution management team to drive mission objectives through the adaption of strategic technologies (Device and Cloud Computing, Advanced Real- time Databases/Data Warehouses, Predictive Analytics, Business Analytical Applications) and then delivering strategic architectural frameworks, innovative and reusable software
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Agile product development methodologies (SCRUM) is required
Working in a fast-paced startup environment is required
Working in a matrix environment with solution management, architects and virtual team members
REQUIRED TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Strong database expertise Design, Performance, Availability, Security, Recoverability.
- Strong Data Warehouse expertise Design, Schema, ETL vs. ELT, Data Mart
- Understanding of analytics, OLAP & ROLAP
- Strong application engineering experience in designing high Transactional, highly scalable and available systems
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, XQUERY highly desirable
- Experience in designing and developing Database components using Java/ORM and PL/SQL.
- Development experience in designing and developing large scale database application
- Experience with designing and developing application that uses In Memory database.
- Designing and developing application using open source ORM frameworks like Hibernate and other DB interfaces like JDBC.
- Designing and refactoring DB systems for performance
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- 8 + years building large scale enterprise and distributed applications
- Proven track record in lead and architect position for 4 + years
- Define and architecture technology for both the platform and applications
- Proven success building and deploying competitive applications with enterprise strategy and vision to build large scale SaaS applications.
- Strong dense of business scenarios and use cases
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to lead the efforts both functionally and technically to achieve the vision
- Support and drive the team in building the above category by bringing in expertise from technological, market or strategic competence
- Passionate to do hands on software development, working in tandem with other team engineers when needed
- Great attitude to play multiple roles
- Be innovative and show ability to shape new technology and business models and think out of the box
- Support key customer engagements with domain expertise and strategic perspective.
- Ability to engage with an extended team of Solution management/Marketing, Field Sales etc... to articulate the technology and product value, will be a plus
Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science or related technical disciplines; Masters is a plus