Remilon is a web media company on a mission to make education accessible. We are a highly profitable, financially stable company looking to expand our team. We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we post record profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Senior Web Designer / Developer Position
- Work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers to take concepts and turn them into something valuable to our users
- Build scalable solutions to improve the user experience
- Help develop the design direction of our websites
- Developing process flows, wireframes, and mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years designing for the web
- Expert skills in Photoshop
- Excellent CSS / HTML
- Extreme attention to detail
- Understanding of UX design
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated passion for the web and it's users
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Experience working in the JSP
- Experience building SEO driven websites
- Knowledge of conversion rate optimization
- A demonstrated passion for education
Why work for Remilon?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 6+ million web visitors each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation (including salary and bonus plan)
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments