Our client is a large commercial bank in Harborside Financial Center, Exchange Place, Jersey City. Candidate must have Strong Cisco Nexus 7K expertise and virtualization and Strong Knowledge and hands on experience in QOS design and implementation. This is a hands-on Architect position. Person will be doing architecting, engineering and support work. I'm dealing with the hiring manager so if you have any questions, please let me know.
Serves corporate network functions by providing the Planning, Designing, Procurement and Implementation plans.
*Achieves network design and operational objectives by designing and engineering, evaluating, recommending, formulating testing and implementation plans for current and new technology; contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; designing cost effective networks, ensuring the Bank's and industry best practices networks; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Responsible for planning and designing the Bank*s complex voice and data network infrastructures, procurement and implementation plans.
* Responsible for contributing to the Banks network roadmap
* Implementing, testing and setup of network monitoring systems. Ensure reporting on all networks and systems is being provided.
* Provide 3rd level Network support and be the subject mater expert for high level network issue resolution
* Meets IT operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assist the manager in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Determines IT operations service requirements by analyzing needs of users/departments; prioritizing modifications to core network; developing and implementing documentation requirements for the network.
* Perform capacity planning, analysis, and reporting.
* Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends in new technologies for WAN, LAN, security, capacity, and response time optimization.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes the network strategies and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Project management and documentation are key responsibility for this position
The Senior Network Architect is a self-starter/self-motivated, team player with 10+ years in the networking profession.
*Hand on Knowledge in the flowing Network Technologies to include Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Cisco/F5Load-Balancers, ACE, VPN concentrators as well as others for all data centers and branches. Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection is a plus. Cisco IP Telephony design and trouble-shooting is a plus for this position.
* Strong Cisco Nexus 7K expertise and virtualization is required for this position.
* Strong Knowledge and hands on experience in QOS design and implementation is required for this position.
* Project management and documentation utilizing various tool including MS Project, Visio, Office suite, etc.
* Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communications
Network Maintenance, Network Design and Implementation, Building Relationships, Resolving Conflict, Project Management, assist in Developing Budgets, Promoting Process Improvement, System Administration, Network Systems, and Network Hardware Configuration.