• Network Design: Provide network design services which meet and exceed the needs of major financial services firm, ensuring adherence to departmental policies and procedures; coordinate and define network requirements (i.e. design, configure, install, etc.) to include coordinating with other groups within and outside the Infrastructure team to determine the scope and objectives of proposed networking configurations; oversee the timely and accurate analysis of company and third-party vendor requirements, evaluating if network configuration is possible with existing resources and managing end user expectations to keep them at a realistic level; develop and implement network back up and recovery plans to maintain reliable network operating system. Coordinate the installation and maintenance of market datafeeds and circuits such as Radianz, Savvis, Reuters, Bloomberg, NYFIX.
• Develop detailed implementation plans to accommodate network growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment (i.e. Cisco routers, gateways, switches, etc.); monitor network implementation, providing support in an timely and accurate manner; know and support approved corporate and departmental policies relating to business procedures, philosophies and conduct; design network performance reports, detailing network status, for management in an accurate and timely manner
• Technical Research and Analysis - Analyze data traffic patterns within network infrastructure, detecting operational problems and recommending improvements to ensure optimal performance; proactively identify symptoms and instabilities in a timely and accurate manner to include performing analysis, capacity planning, and testing for organizations network environment; make recommendations to management on enhancements to network that will improve the quality and reliability of the networks performance; provide recommendations of the most cost-effective solution to management, including all cost, procedural, and contractual considerations necessary to make decisions; research and identify new technologies available that offer business advancements; provide written documentation to support the recommendation and benefits of implementing new technology.
• Provide network security by configuring routers, switches, firewalls etc. according to company security standards; monitor security measures in place within network perimeter, ensuring security breaches do not occur and information is safeguarded from unauthorized users, etc.
• Ensure information is properly protected by assisting the Infrastructure team in developing secure architectures within Production and corporate network environment.
• Provide management with status reports throughout assigned projects detailing project status and timeline, to include completing a project completion report to document if all milestones and objectives were met
• Problem Resolution - Proactively oversee the activities involved in quality resolution of complex technical issues, responding with an appropriate sense of urgency to problems escalated to Network Engineer’s level; coordinate with appropriate departments to develop positive solutions that increase end user satisfaction, following through to completion, and communicating resolution results to end user; escalate to management any situation that could adversely impact the service provided to the end user; monitor trends in documented incidents and determine appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences and improve customer service levels in an appropriate timeframe; respond to 24-hour/7-day-a-week
service needs while adhering to established departmental guidelines
• Duties as Assigned - The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Minimum five years’ network infrastructure experience required
Minimum Requirement: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Preferred: CCIE, CCSP, CISCO FIREWALL SPECIALIST, CISCO IPS SPECIALIST, CISCO VPN SPECIALIST, CCNA, CISCO IP TELEPHONY SUPPORT SPECIALIST, CHECKPOINT FIREWALL CERTIFICATIONS
Skills: Routing/Switching: Cisco Catalyst 4500 /4948/6500 series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000/7000 switches, Cisco 4500 / 7200 / 7600 routers. Protocols required include OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS VPNs a must. 802.1q, ISL, Ether-Channel, Multicast, SNMP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DHCP, Frame Relay Traffic Shaping, Voice over Frame, VOIP, FlexWAN WAN modules. Spanning -tree, 802.1q, ISL, CDP
Load Balancing - Citrix Netscalers, F5 or Cisco loadbalancer experience preferred.
Security/VPN: Cisco Catalyst FWSM, Cisco ASA 55xx, IOS Firewalls, Cisco Client VPN (IPSec and SSL/Any Connect) , Site-to-Site VPN (Router-Router, Router-PIX, PIX-PIX), VPN Concentrator 3005 / 3015, Cisco ACS TACACS+/Radius, Cisco IPS/IDS, Websense Web filtering, Checkpoint/Nokia Firewall NGX R70 Firewalls, RSA SecureID ACE Server, Cisco IDS/IPS, Snort, IBM MSS system, Network Admission Control (NAC/802.1x), Cisco TrustSec, Network/Application penetration testing.
Network Monitoring/Analysis: Cisco Ciscoworks, Solarwinds Orion, Network Associates Sniffer Pro 4.5 / 4.6, Sniffer Reporter; Cacti, Ethereal, TCPDump, Kiwitools
Operating Systems/Applications: Windows Server 2003/2008 and Workstation 7/XP/2000, Mac OS X, Linux (SUSE/Red Hat), UNIX (Solaris), VMWARE/ESX, Citrix Virtual Desktop (VDI), Stunnel, Putty/SecurCRT, MS Office, Visio 2003
LAN/WAN: TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6 Routing, Access Control Lists, Network Address Translation (NAT), T1/Ds3, Frame Relay, WAN Equipment – CSU/DSUs, modems
Voice and Unified Communications/VOIP/QOS: Avaya Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco/Avaya VOIP phones, Mutare Voice-to-email, Intuity Audix messaging, Cisco Modular QOS, MPLS QOS, Video /Voice QoS (CBWFQ, LLQ)
Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred