- IT Infrastructure Architect
- Phoenix, AZ
As Principle Infrastructure Architect, you will be responsible for delivering architecture, consulting and implementation strategies for our key initiatives and customers. You will be required to have broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect secure and scalable solutions according to best practice to meet internal standards. You will also demonstrate the ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility and business value.
You must have proven experience managing both people and projects through the entire project life cycle. We need a person who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
As a successful candidate, you will be capable of demonstrating proficiencies in a variety of Enterprise IT infrastructure disciplines and will lead the physical architecture, design, and implementation within the Company environment. The role also requires the ability to lead other team members and to manage across both internal and external service providers to meet overall objectives.
• Primary responsibility for infrastructure life cycle management including, architecture, deployment, capacity planning and decommissioning of legacy environments across Intranet, Internet and Extranet environments.
• Architecture design taking into consideration security, scalability, manageability, high-availability and fault tolerance.
• Ensure that systems design requirements will meet both company Architecture and Security standards.
• Work closely with project delivery teams and internal/external technology partners.
• Serve as a point of escalation in support of the various application support teams within the operations side of the ACS Web CoE.
• Provide leadership and direct management of both internal and external delivery teams.
• Tracking emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to business goals and requirements
• Understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications of the developed solution.
• Plays an active role in technical communities and shares knowledge with the team.
• Provides input and planning expertise in the full project life cycle along with assisting to prepare both cost and time estimates.
• Integration of SharePoint with other MS and/or non-MS platforms or services.
Desired Skills & Experience
Technical skills required:
• Proficient with MS Windows Server operating systems
• Knowledge and/or experience on how to deploy n-Tiered web applications using front-end reverse-proxy solutions (e.g. ISA, TMG, Apache mod_proxy, etc.).
• Extremely proficient with MS IIS6 and/or IIS7 web server platforms
• SharePoint 2007/2010 deployment experience required.
• Knowldege of MS SQL Server 2005/2008 in a high-availability clustered environment.
• Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, System Center, Virtualization technologies such as App-V, Med-V, Hyper-V, Terminal Services.
• Experienced with DNS, Active Directory, Kerberos v5 requirements, and firewall considerations within an n-Tiered DMZ web hosting design along with other core infrastructure components.
• MS .NET framework, including ASP.NET, C#.NET, and VB.NET
• Proficient with MS Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Experience deploying a variety of web services including SOAP and XML
• Experience with integrating MS ASP.Net applications and systems with Oracle, SAP and other back-end systems.
• Bachelor's degree in related field, specialized training/certifications or in lieu of degree, 7 years of relevant experience.
• Minimum of 5 years progressive systems architecture and infrastructure management experience with a focus on web infrastructure and MS web-based technologies such as IIS6/7, Sharepoint 2007, SharePoint 2010 and cross-platform or composite applications.
• At least 3 years experience with large, multi-server web farm deployments (e.g. web server environments with 20+ servers supporting a 25K+ user base).
• Detailed knowledge of security practices.
• Requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
• MS Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification preferred
• Experience with eCommerce solutions with MS Commerce Server experience preferred.
• Experience with BizTalk 2006/2009 including deployment of BT custom orchestrations a plus.
• Experience with deployment of web based systems that include significant back-end systems integration.
• Knowledge of operational support tools, security and infrastructure.
• Experience with technical project management highly preferred
Keywords: “Share Point”, “BI”, “business intelligence”, “ecommerce”, “Multi server”, “multi-server”, “web farm” “web farm deployment”