This is you: sitting at your desk, secretly checking in on the game, managing your fantasy league. Looking at this ad wondering - “Hey that sounds like me! A Front-end engineer who loves sports!"
If you were wondering if it was ever possible to pair your love of sports with your career as a Front-end Engineer, well, congratulations, you found it. As a Front-end Engineer here, at one of the top visited sports websites in America, you can work in their downtown San Francisco office. You no longer have to follow your teams in a tiny, secret browser, because there are over tons of TVs hanging around the office. Ping pong table, field days, lots of snacks, and a generous fridge are standard issue.
Welcome to where you belong. Now, apply so we know who you are.
We are looking for a front-end engineer who can turn conceptual visual designs into efficient, HTML5 and CSS. You will be responsible for coding the front-end of consumer facing applications (web and mobile), while working closely with our design team on user experience and overall usability.
* Produce lean, semantic markup and CSS based on mock-ups from a visual designer
* Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems (don't worry we don't support IE6!)
* Participate in design and code reviews
What we're looking for:
* Knowledge of cross browser markup including HTML5 and CSS3
* Comfortable integrating with server-side technologies
* Experience with jQuery
* Experience with AJAX/JSON/JSONP
* Communication skills and the proven ability to work out solutions to problems with others
* Comfortable with fast-paced, iterative design cycles
* B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
* Honesty, friendly attitude, and good sense of humor
* Familiarity with server-side technologies such as Rails