Marlabs is a US based global technology services and Solutions Company with presence in North America, South America, Europe and Asia providing avant-garde services to Fortune companies. As a Gold partner with Microsoft, Oracle and a Premier business partner of IBM and all leading technology companies, Marlabs is in the hall of fame of Inc500 and, as well as being ranked by Deloitte and Touché as one of the fastest growing companies, we were recently chosen as One of the 50 Best Places to work in NJ, among large employers. Marlabs owns technology Center of Excellence (CoE) in the US to help employees in continued learning and innovation with cutting edge technologies and solutions to consistently stay at the forefront of the technology wave. Marlabs provides solutions to over 100 customers, Including Fortune 500, from North America, South America, Europe and Asia in Banking/Finance, Media, Insurance, Retail and Energy & Utilities verticals. Company has major delivery centers in the US, Near shore centers in Canada, Mexico and Offshore delivery centers in India and Malaysia.
Position – Oracle BRM Developer
Location – Washington DC
Duration – 12 months +
The Application Developer will be responsible for analyzing, developing, customizing and enhancing the Subscriber Management System (SMS). The Application (BRM) Developer will be part of the maintenance team that is responsible for ensuring production stability and support, investigation of key production issues, and SDLC work including development and testing of fixes, of internal and external web-based applications. Primary areas of responsibility will include the BRM application for our subscriber management system. The subscriber management system manages our entire 25+ million subscriber base and is a critical tool for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop solutions for the Oracle BRM application.
• Actively work in an agile framework on tickets included in sprints and update the tickets with template details.
• Perform peer testing and code reviews.
• Engage with QA, UAT, other stakeholders for all tickets that are assigned to individual/team.
• Attend sprint planning and daily scrum calls.
• Support QA and UAT as necessary in the sprint.
• Assist in performance testing in an effort to ensure that all applications are highly scalable and can support high volumes of traffic.
• Awareness of compliance issues.
• Ability to work independently on investigation tasks.
• Participate in technical design document reviews.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
• Minimum of 4 years of Application Development experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with Oracle BRM for a minimum of 3 years with focus on:
o Real Time rating,
o Pricing Configuration,
o Billing and invoicing,
o Policy Opcode modifications and development of custom opcodes.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Must be able to effectively communicate with and support other team members and groups.
• Must have the ability to work from business requirements and technical design.
• Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team cooperation.
• Must show initiative in completing tasks and be able to perform duties with minimal management oversight.
• Must be quick learner to be able to pick up in a highly customized environment.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Opcode development using best practices in regards to memory management and performance optimization.
• Experience in at least two of the following areas:
o Interfaces to 3rd party systems for taxation (e.g. Vertex),
o Interfaces to 3rd payments (e.g. PaymentTech),
• Must have strong C development skills.
• Oracle BRM 7.2.1 (or later version).
• Experience developing and performance tuning multi-threaded/multi-process applications using the BRM MTA framework.
• Experience using code management tools (e.g. CVS).
• DBMS: Oracle 10g, 11i.
• Software Development: C, XML, SQL.
• Scripting (UNIX shell or Perl/Python).
• Java, Java API (nice to have).
Chief Manager - Strategic Sourcing
Marlabs Inc.| One Corporate Place South | Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: 732.694.1000 X 1460 | Mobile: 732.306.6684 | Fax: 732.676.7992
Marlabs is committed to environmental conservation. Please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.