Marlabs is a US based global technology services and Solutions Company with presence in North America, South America, Europe and Asia providing avant-garde services to Fortune companies. As a Gold partner with Microsoft, Oracle and a Premier business partner of IBM and all leading technology companies, Marlabs is in the hall of fame of Inc500 and, as well as being ranked by Deloitte and Touché as one of the fastest growing companies, we were recently chosen as One of the 50 Best Places to work in NJ, among large employers. Marlabs owns technology Center of Excellence (CoE) in the US to help employees in continued learning and innovation with cutting edge technologies and solutions to consistently stay at the forefront of the technology wave.
Marlabs provides solutions to over 100 customers, Including Fortune 500, from North America, South America, Europe and Asia in Banking/Finance, Media, Insurance, Retail and Energy & Utilities verticals. Company has major delivery centers in the US, Near shore centers in Canada, Mexico and Offshore delivery centers in India and Malaysia.
Title: BI Delivery Manager
Duration: 6 months CTH
Location: New York, NY
Tentative Start Date: Immediate
Interview Process: Telephone, In-person (NYC)
Detail Job Description:
The Business Intelligence Delivery Manager will provide technical and management leadership in translating the requirements of a variety of large scale projects into development plans for the BI Development teams. He/she will work with Directors and development managers in the BI organization to understand the current BI architecture, the impacts of project related requirements, and what it takes to implement the necessary enhancements. The Delivery Manager will follow through on those plans and ensure they are executed. He/she will coordinate between multiple BI teams, providing resource estimation and tracking, technical guidance, and report on status to BI management. The manager maintains overall responsibility for the successful completion of project deliverables.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent people skills in the delivery of IT related projects. This person will have a broad project management background and will be intimately familiar with the SDLC. The candidate must be extremely personable, easy to get along with, and possess a high degree of self‐initiative. Candidates must be able to understand and map business requirements to development work, and establish customer satisfaction criteria for project success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Business Intelligence Delivery Manager will be responsible for the management activities of the company’s Business Intelligence (BI) team as they focus on BI product development and database solutions as well as support for internal BI infrastructure projects. The role involves the estimating, planning, execution, and administration of multiple projects across the full lifecycle: strategy through implementation.
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership in the design, development and execution of enhancements to applications across the BI organization
• Participate in generating high level solution concepts in consultation with BI Solutions Architects and Development teams
• Create and present scope statements, resource estimates, and high level timelines for major development initiatives
• Work with the BI Developers and Project Managers on developing road-maps, solution strategy and execution plans
• Work cooperatively with BI Solutions Architects and developers during the development life cycle to ensure that business requirements guide the development
• Provide technical analysis and recommendations (e.g. feasibility / impact / technical risk) with regard to business requirements and the current BI and MBI environments
• Work with DBAs and system administrators to resolve infrastructure related issues.
• Further the company capabilities in SDLC processes and principles
• Ensure that designs, code, and processes are documented to for reuse and succession of ownership
• Represent and support BI policies, procedures, and best practices to various outside constituents and key business stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in analytics, informatics, computer science, programming, health care administration, or business
• Communications or Media industry experience required.
• Experience in IT Project Management to include: Scheduling, Coordination, Control, Budgeting, and/or Project/Process Documentation following an industry standard process
• Minimum three to five years’ experience with business intelligence reporting tools such as Cognos, Hyperion/Brio, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Microsoft Analytic Services, etc.
• Five to ten years’ experience with Application Development methodologies
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Requirements and General Skills:
Our team is experienced in implementing change within a rapidly growing company in an environment that is challenging and dynamic with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities. Successful candidate will possess:
• Demonstrated ability presenting business, technical and functional requirements to small work groups
• Team oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively
• Ability to clearly and articulately convey project constraints, risks, and plans
• Experience communicating, presenting, and interacting with Vice‐President level executives; must be politically aware
• Demonstrated Project Management skills
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to manage difficult situations within tight project time frames
• Very strong relationship management skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to interact with individuals and groups across all levels of an organization
• Ability to allocate time efficiently, handling multiple demands and competing priorities
• Strong problem solving skills and analytical ability
• Some travel to Washington, DC may be involved
• Proven record of managing the delivery of new business intelligence capabilities
• Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting Tools such as Cognos, Hyperion/Brio, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Microsoft Analytic Services, etc.
• Knowledge of data warehousing and data management practices
• Knowledge of relational data models
• Understanding of ETL architectures and experience deploying ETL solutions in a data warehousing environment
• Understanding of the features and capabilities of one more DBMS's commonly used in data warehousing such as Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server
• Experience with marketing campaign management tools such from Unica, Aprimo, or SAS highly desirable
Chief Manager - Strategic Sourcing
Marlabs Inc.| One Corporate Place South | Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: 732.694.1000 X 1460 | Mobile: 732.306.6684 | Fax: 732.676.7992 Nrc.naidu@Marlabs.com
Marlabs is committed to environmental conservation. Please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.