Marlabs is a US based global technology services and Solutions Company with presence in North America, South America, Europe and Asia providing avant-garde services to Fortune companies. As a Gold partner with Microsoft, Oracle and a Premier business partner of IBM and all leading technology companies, Marlabs is in the hall of fame of Inc500 and, as well as being ranked by Deloitte and Touché as one of the fastest growing companies, we were recently chosen as One of the 50 Best Places to work in NJ, among large employers. Marlabs owns technology Center of Excellence (CoE) in the US to help employees in continued learning and innovation with cutting edge technologies and solutions to consistently stay at the forefront of the technology wave.
Marlabs provides solutions to over 100 customers, Including Fortune 500, from North America, South America, Europe and Asia in Banking/Finance, Media, Insurance, Retail and Energy & Utilities verticals. Company has major delivery centers in the US, Near shore centers in Canada, Mexico and Offshore delivery centers in India and Malaysia.
Position - Sr. Basis Administrator
Duration – 12 months +
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior SAP Basis Administrator role will be expected to perform the duties and responsibilities of a SAP Basis Administrator for the technical administration of SAP NetWeaver ABAP and Java production and non-production systems to support both production operations and project related initiatives. This position will assume responsibility for achieving expected outcomes related to overall SAP platform technical administration and optimizing company’s investment from the technical landscape. Furthermore you are responsible for developing and maintaining technical details for SAP Basis team SOPs (refresh, backup/restore, disaster recovery, migrations, configuration, installs, etc.) and ensure they are followed to maintain SAP system stability. Provide SAP technical expertise to drive effective operations related to production support and project related initiatives. Perform hands-on administration of SAP systems to maintain/support a global SAP environment including troubleshooting problems, escalating open issues, implementing solutions, and optimize the system for maximum performance. Client is live with a full suite of SAP systems – ECC, BPC, BO, BW, SCM, GRC/Virsa Suite, Solution Manager, Enterprise Portal, ME, PI and integration with Active Directory / LDAP and HR Systems. Significant experience in these technologies is required. Other responsibilities include technical lead of SAP Basis team initiatives and provide technical administration as needed for upgrades, installations, refreshes, proofs of concept, backups, disaster recovery, capacity planning and other complex projects as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design overall SAP infrastructure for existing and future application implementations.
- Research and evaluate new SAP technologies to be used as point or enterprise solutions for Project initiatives.
- Integrate in a global SAP team that consists of Basis administrators, Oracle DBAs, an SAP development group as well as business analysts & project managers.
- Produce gap analysis to identify alternate solutions specific to SAP basis requirements and provide technical recommendations on design or architecture improvements.
- Provide architectural framework for security and key integration components with Enterprise Portal, Active Directory / LDAP and HR Systems.
- Provide consulting expertise on SAP architecture, while contributing in configuration and maintenance tasks.
- Serve as liaison to vendor support/technical staff to assess solution options and to analyze and resolve or escalate issues.
- Establish and assist on the strategy for design, deployment and maintenance of SAP architecture.
- Implement SOX controls and orderliness of internal or external audits.
- Translate functional requirements into technical design for SAP NetWeaver.
- Design and develop test plans for SAP systems.
- Implement and support monitoring solution (e.g. Solution Manager).
- Influence and lead positive changes to operational business processes by developing workable solutions aligned with business objectives and SAP standard functionality.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce security policies and procedures aligned with best practices and lead other process improvement initiatives.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required or equivalent technical training and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years I.T. related experience with at least 4 years in-depth SAP Basis administration expertise. Expert in supporting and administering systems with emphasis on SAP NetWeaver based applications. Two or more full SAP life cycle experience is required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge of SAP administration and processes across multiple SAP systems including but not limited to ECC, BW, BO, PI, SCM, MII, HCM, EP, GTS, ME etc.
- Must have experience in rolling out large enterprise applications in a production environment.
- Must have strong knowledge of the SAP PI middleware & the SAP solution manager.
- Strong in database technologies: Oracle DB running on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Must be experienced working with tools available in SAP ABAP & JAVA environments.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner in a complex environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Thorough knowledge in SAP infrastructure with multiple project implementations in both ABAP and Java based components.
- Experience must also include working in a global environment with 24/7 availability system.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Must have knowledge in SOX and audit compliance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Extensive computer use.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal office Environment.
Chief Manager - Strategic Sourcing
Marlabs Inc.| One Corporate Place South | Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: 732.694.1000 X 1460 | Mobile: 732.306.6684 | Fax: 732.676.7992 Nrc.naidu@Marlabs.com
Marlabs is committed to environmental conservation. Please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.