Marlabs is a US based global technology services and Solutions Company with presence in North America, South America, Europe and Asia providing avant-garde services to Fortune companies. As a Gold partner with Microsoft, Oracle and a Premier business partner of IBM and all leading technology companies, Marlabs is in the hall of fame of Inc500 and, as well as being ranked by Deloitte and Touché as one of the fastest growing companies, we were recently chosen as One of the 50 Best Places to work in NJ, among large employers. Marlabs owns technology Center of Excellence (CoE) in the US to help employees in continued learning and innovation with cutting edge technologies and solutions to consistently stay at the forefront of the technology wave. Marlabs provides solutions to over 100 customers, Including Fortune 500, from North America, South America, Europe and Asia in Banking/Finance, Media, Insurance, Retail and Energy & Utilities verticals. Company has major delivery centers in the US, Near shore centers in Canada, Mexico and Offshore delivery centers in India and Malaysia.
Need for Java Architect in NYC
Duration – 12 months +
Location – NYC
The Java Architect will be responsible for a lead role in the design, testing and maintenance of internal and external web-based applications. The primary areas of responsibility will be customer self-service applications and web-based interfaces into our subscriber management system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Show enthusiasm and a sense of ownership for the system and its components that are vital to the success of the business.
• Model system behaviors using best practice methods for communicating architecture and design.
• Interpret business requirements and accurately reflect these requirements in the design.
• Present design solutions to the business and development teams.
• Ensure designs are consistent with the existing architecture.
• Ensure timely and accurate delivery of assignments.
• Follow high level of standards across all levels of design work.
• Work closely with other areas of the company including business teams and other design/development teams.
• Contribute to the specification and transition to development of unit, system, integration, stress and user acceptance testing.
• Design to performance requirements in an effort to ensure that all applications are highly scalable and can support high volumes of traffic.
• Anticipate and resolve technical problems and solve difficult challenges.
• Recommend and promote new technologies and best practices to enable us to better support our customers.
• Recommend tools and utilities for design, development, testing and management of web-based applications.
• Perform code reviews to ensure that code is compliant with design and coding standards.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
• Follow SLDC methodology including requirements gathering, solution architecture, coding and testing
• Work directly with Interactive, development, production and creative teams throughout all phases of project lifecycles
• Establish and follow coding standards and guidelines
• Review code and high-level designs by other team members to ensure that all applications meet strategic objectives, coding standards, and departmental guidelines.
• Proactively identify application inefficiencies, and propose solutions
• Prepare and present LOE estimates to management and team tech lead
• Handle 3rd tier support, where business consultation and development maybe required
• BS degree (Computer Science preferred)
• 10+ years developing high performance web applications o 5+ years Java/J2EE design experience
o 5+ years MVC Framework experience: Struts2, Spring MVC or similar
o 5+ years developing HTML/CSS (SASS/SCSS a plus)
o 2+ years developing web applications for mobile devices
Requirements and General Skills:
• Expertise with various frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, backbone.js, Handlebars.js, and node.js.
• Contribution to a popular JS framework a plus
• Expertise debugging and performance tuning J2EE and client-side applications
• Deep understanding of web standards including: HTTP, REST and JSON
• Knowledge of advanced CSS and browser performance optimizations
• Expertise coding “responsive” web pages
• Experience with cross-browser limitations and work-arounds.
• Experience with Git or SVN and issue tracking tools (JIRA a plus).
Chief Manager - Strategic Sourcing
Marlabs Inc.| One Corporate Place South | Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: 732.694.1000 X 1460 | Mobile: 732.306.6684 | Fax: 732.676.7992
Marlabs is committed to environmental conservation. Please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.