Staff Engineer- WindowsLocation:
FireEye Corporate office Milpitas, CA
Join one of the hottest and fastest growing companies in high technology. FireEye is experiencing strong growth as it redefines the $30 billion security landscape to combat the next generation of cyber-attacks.
Ranked #4 on the Deloitte 2012 Technology Fast 500 in North America and featured in the Business Insider article “25 Enterprise Startups To Bet Your Career On”, FireEye has been featured in BusinessWeek, Bloomberg TV, The Wall Street Journal, Fox News and several other mainstream media and continues to transform the security industry with its unique technology to stop advanced cyber-attacks. FireEye is the recipient of the prestigious Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award as well as the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award. Job Description:
The unique FireEye platform provides the industry’s leading cross-enterprise threat protection technology to dynamically identify and block cyber-attacks in real time. The core of the FireEye platform is a signature-less, virtualized detection engine and a cloud-based threat intelligence network, which help organizations protect their assets across all major threat vectors, including Web, email, mobile, and file-based cyber-attacks. The FireEye platform is deployed in over 40 countries and more than 1,000 customers and partners, including over one-third of the Fortune 100. FireEye’s customers are the best of the best in every industry around the world, including the top hi tech, financial services, manufacturing companies, and leading government agencies. Join the team that is protecting the world from the next generation of cyber-attacks!
We are seeking seasoned senior software developers with the passion and experience necessary to design, develop, and support The FireEye’s leading edge product suites.Responsibilities:
- Development of the next generation network security and threat management virtual execution environment for windows
- Ownership of significant areas of the code for both new feature/functionality development as well as to maintain/redesign of the existing areas of the product
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability & scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product
- Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and software development practices
- Design and develop the common management interface and the central management system for the product
- Active participation in customer/partner design meetings and general engagements
- 7+ years of solid experience in Windows development
- 5 + years of Windows internals development is a MUST.
- Thorough Knowledge of Windows C/C++ programming.
- Windows Guest OS installation and life cycle knowledge is a PLUS.
- Expert knowledge of the software development life cycle and methodology
- Experience with Agile programming and rapid prototyping a plus
- Deep working knowledge of networking concepts: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, RPC, DNS, DHCP,…
- Working knowledge of Linux is required
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, & analysis skills
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
FireEye, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer