Relay Technology is currently assisting one our clients in the area, a progressive technology driven organization based in the Chesterfield area, in their search for a Sr. Infrastructure Automation Engineer to join their growing team in a permanent capacity.
The ideal candidate will possess expertise in the design, development, and configuration of Linux systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, Gentoo, CentOS, SuSE, Fedora, Debian, Mint - Physical and Virtual Server Environments) as well as Microsoft systems (Physical and VirtualServer Environments), will have prior experience in developing custom utilities, such as build automation or deployment automation solutions, using various scripting and object oriented languages including but not limited to Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash (Shell), Java, PHP, among others.
They will also possess expertise working with "out of the box" monitoring, load balancing, configuration management, build management, code repositories, and continuous integration solutions including but not limited to Docker, Vagrant, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Nagios, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Bamboo, Git, and the suite of Atlassian tools such as Confluence, Jira, Stash, BitBucket, FishEye, Crucible, among others.
They will have a thorough understanding of “infrastructure as code” and Agile best practices when it comes to application deployment and cloud management, and will be responsible for building platforms, utilities, and various other solutions to allow development teams to be more efficient when it comes to pushing code to production in a rapid release environment.
The selected candidate will have the ultimate say on application deployment and release strategies, specifically related to web based and client server applications being built in Java EE, PHP, Python, Scala, among others, therefore the ideal candidate will also possess knowledge of object oriented development concepts and proper coding conventions
Some of their specific responsibilities will include:
- The construction of architectural road maps and designs related to the systems infrastructure necessary to support each application (both MS and Linux environments) throughout it’s life.
- The development of custom built or use of “out of the box” infrastructure automation solutions, such as automated Python scripts, custom built utilities, and tools such as Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, and Jenkins for build and deployment automation and continuous integration purposes and within both physical and virtual environments.
- Working hand in hand with the development staff to assure that middleware, messaging, and architectural approaches such as REST and SOA are being constructed and implemented in the appropriate manner with the intent of assuring that each architectural landscape is modular, easy to scale, and can be maintained and enhanced with little effort.
- Interacting with all key stakeholders for each development project, and will participate in the daily Scrums that the specific group that they are working with conducts on a daily basis to assure the solutions they will delivering are aligned with the release of application components in an iterative, rapid release environment.
- Communicating their plans in the way of implementation and automation strategies with all team members assigned, from the development team, business analysts, PM’s, and Software Architects, to assure that everyone has a very in depth understanding as to how their product will be released.
- Construct and house documentation which will assist both business units in understanding how they can best sustain and maintain the platforms, application development environments, and physical / virtual infrastructure being delivered.
DESIRED / REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field required.
- 4+ years of experience in a systems engineering capacity, with specific experience working within both Linux and Microsoft environments.
- Expertise working with scripting languages, including but not limited to Python, Bash Shell, Perl, Ruby, PHP, among others required. Previous experience developing custom build, configuration management, monitoring, and deployment utilities using said languages highly desired.
- Experience setting up and deploying "out of the box" monitoring, load balancing, configuration management, build management, code repositories, and continuous integration solutions including but not limited to Docker, Vagrant, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Nagios, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Bamboo, Git, and the suite of Atlassian tools such as Confluence, Jira, Stash, BitBucket, FishEye, Crucible, among others required.
- Experience in developing, configuring, deploying, monitoring, and enhancing web, application, database, messaging, and various other server environments (both physical and virtual), with specific expertise working within environments consisting of JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Resin, Apache, Httpd, Glassfish, Geronimo, Jetty, Web2Py, Mongrel, among other servers required.
- Knowledge of architectural standards, protocols (communication, application, etc, and including associated languages such as WSDL, XML), and "best practices" such as Agile / SCRUM, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), infrastructure as code, service oriented architecture (SOA), enerprise application integration (EAI), REST, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP, SSH, LDAP, among others highly desired.
- Experience in serving as the "SME" over the architecture, design, development, and deployment of application development landscapes highly desired. and respond to a dynamic work flow and respond to high pressure situations.