Outsource Technical is a boutique IT-Staffing Firm located in Southern California. Our client in the San Diego area is currently looking for a Software Configuration Management Engineer to join their team. If you are interested, please send an updated Word resume. Thank you!
- Improve and maintain the software version control system to establish best-practices for an Agile development SDLC
- Establish and maintain the automated build system and coordinate releases with development and business stakeholders
- Partner with QA for appropriate integration and launch of automated tests as part of the build process
- Partner with development and QA to build and verify installation scripts for internal and external software packages
- Plan and manage the product build process and change control
- Manage the code and release branches and naming conventions
- Improve the efficiency and scalability of the build process on a continuous basis
- Has documented release plans for multiple simultaneous products, including build, conversion, and rollback planning
- Aware of the various phases of SDLC execution
- Experience with the Microsoft .NET framework, SQL Server, and MS Office Suite.
- BS minimum
- Led the documentation of a structured Release Management standards document, including roles, policies and procedures
- Experience managing the building of software releases, as part of a structured SDLC
- Experience automating build and release processes
- Experience with branching and merging best practices, and associated supporting technologies
- 5+ years development experience, with exposure to C, C++, C#, and Java
- 3+ years leading Release Management function
- Familiarity with leading software configuration management systems and/or source code version systems as well as installation tools. Samples include CVS, Subversion, VSS, Perforce, TeamCity, GIT, and InstallShield.
- Deep understanding of best practices in continuous integration for engineering, QA and RM
- Experience managing a changing environment, in which changing priorities need to be incorporated into the release process readily
- Experience installing and configuring Windows applications