Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 6+ Months CTH
Zenoss (Zenoss Core) is a free and open-source application, server, and network management platform based on the Zope application server. Python Scripting is required. Assignment will serve to support the implementation of new business for client.
Local candidates are strongly preferred for this assignment, however, this is not a requirement. Non-local candidates can be considered for the contract assignment, however, they will be looking to hire a local candidate for the full time role. Interviews will be via phone.
The manager would be willing to train a good Linux Engineer with Python experience, however, this is not preferred.
Primarily focused in the disciplines of selection, implementation, operation, ongoing support and administration of “commercial-off-the-shelf” (COTS) and internal systems and system software that make up the underlying operating environment necessary to support critical operational service delivery processes across one or more production data centers. Duties include the customization of specific IT operations management software or creation of custom proprietary solutions specific to the operational management and control of IT infrastructure, application delivery components, and network telecommunications fault, configuration, administration, performance and security functions. Works closely with clients and business partners to understand business and technology requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards.
Responsibilities may also include:
• Specialization in the management and support of IT event correlation and analysis software;
• Participation in the selection and deployment of technology solutions, infrastructure components, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations in support of business needs; and
• Technical and leadership support of disaster recovery/business continuity plans.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides technical support activities for a production processing environment.
• Installs, maintains and supports applications and major IT system components, subsystems.
• Analyzes and resolves problems related to failures in application and ancillary software components.
• Provides technical assistance to Operations, Systems Support, and Application Support staff.
• Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of supported software and proprietary solutions.
• Analyzes business and technical requirements; translate those requirements into product designs.
• Develops programming logic for new technology solutions.
• Code, test, debug, document, implement, integrate and maintain supporting application components for IT operations management software.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Plans, analyzes and forecasts activities to plan projects and tasks.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
• Educates internal users on software capabilities and use.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated knowledge of products and services
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial services industry
• Demonstrated knowledge of mainframe and/or open systems operating systems
• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
• Proficiency in business modeling and business requirements definition disciplines
• Understanding of software/hardware installation methodologies
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
Additional Skills: Senior professional role. Highly-experienced in IT operations skills/concepts with deep proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works independently with only administrative supervision on highly complex projects with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions to solve complex problems. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to highly visible, sensitive and critical projects/tasks. Expected to mentor others on staff and is a role model for rest of team. Typically requires a minimum of 12 to 16 years of experience in IT operations.