Trading Operations Engineer
Top-tier electronic trading firm has an immediate need for a driven, highly experienced systems engineer/architect to help build and support the technical infrastructure that underlies our proprietary trading applications. You will be responsible for high-level design of trading systems architecture, in-depth performance analysis and troubleshooting, and planning and deployment of new installations of our trading infrastructure.
Strong analytical and creative skills as well as in-depth knowledge of operating systems, scripting, and networks are a must (preferably working with trading firms or exchanges). This position provides an exceptional compensation package recognizing your team and individual contributions to our operating performance.
· Identify and evaluate new technology
· Employ innovative thought and automation to improve productivity, workflow, and technology deployment
· Identify and improve performance bottlenecks
· Drive the deployment of new installations of trading systems at exchange colocations
· Work closely with other parts of the business to identify areas of high opportunity.
· Deep knowledge/experience in one of the following two areas:
2. Performance analysis and optimization
· DTCP/IP, Multicast, Routing and Switching technology
· Extensive experience with scripting, preferably in python
· Knowledge of C, C++, SQL a plus
· Analytical mindset, highly effective at decision-making
· Ability to manage numerous business priorities with ease
· Willing to learn the intricacies of a world-class financial trading floor
· Able and willing to do critical strategy work all the way through hands on implementation
· Experience with datacenter buildout, power and cooling a plus