An engineer within the OS Platform Engineering team will be responsible for evaluating, designing, implementing and making production-ready the products which comprise the Firm’s Linux and Virtualization environments. This role also requires providing 3rd level support (prior to the vendor) for these platforms. You’ll be working within a global team on cutting edge hardware, operating systems, hypervisors, networks and storage to build out our next generation compute platform. This is a hands-on role with an emphasis on testing, optimizing the performance and value of solutions, and advising application development and Unix operation teams on best practices. We are looking for a result oriented, self-starter who will be able to dive deep into problems and think outside of the box to create production ready solutions
• Minimum of 7 years of experience with Linux operating systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc.).
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with hardware virtualization / hypervisor / VM technologies from VMware, Microsoft and/or Linux (Xen or KVM).
• Experience in architecting, and delivering cloud scale solutions.
• Solid understanding of operating systems (Linux and Windows) and x86 hardware.
• Minimum 4 years of scripting using Perl, Python or Ruby.
• Attention to detail and excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Experience in diagnosing complex, multitiered performance problems.
• Knowledge of Web Services / RESTful API creation and integration.
• Knowledge of storage and IP network technologies.
• Experience with public cloud technologies – Amazon AWS, Google Compute Engine, OpenStack, CloudStack or Microsoft Azure.
• Experience with UNIX configuration management solutions – CFEngine, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt.
Return to Jobs View Candidates Add existing candidate(s) to this Job