SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT
Position: Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is searching for a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer to join our team in San Diego.
This position is part of the SOE Platform group. The SOE Platform group provides infrastructure services and delivers competitive advantages to internal and partner game producers through a robust suite of analytic, E-commerce, communication, promotion and distribution systems. The SOE Platform Business Intelligence team is responsible for transforming and modeling all of SOE’s production data based on game play, commerce and demographics, and producing operational reporting and analysis based on that data.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter that has experience in delivering extensible reporting solutions through accurate gap analysis, optimal data modeling and clear presentation. Further, they will thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional BI team where business intelligence solutions must quickly adapt/expand to meet the needs of SOE’s dynamic game publishing/production business model.
- Develop and deliver extensible/sustainable reporting solutions based on defined business needs.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of data modeling and ETL processes that support those models.
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities to improve analytic systems and processes.
- Succeed in a team environment.
- At least three years of Cognos or MicroStrategy BI tools experience, including modeling data, creating simple and complex (drill up/down/through) reports, scheduling jobs, and creating OLAP cubes, as well as performing administrative tasks including user/group management, patch management, and BI tool installation, configuration, and troubleshooting in a Unix environment
- Extensive experience with Oracle SQL and relational databases, including writing complex SQL and PL/SQL to create and validate reports, as well as SQL tuning experience to improve query performance
- Solid understanding of the Business Intelligence development lifecycle, including data modeling, dimensional and relational modeling, requirements analysis, ETL, and report creation and delivery
- Track record of supporting BI customers/stakeholders/end users in a production BI environment
- BI delivery based on multi-terabyte data warehouses
- Working experience with Unix shell scripting a must (Perl scripting a plus)
- Solid communications and documentation skills
- Source/version control throughout development process
- Willing to perform rotational on-call production support of the BI system
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields
- Financial/sales reporting experience highly desirable.
To apply please visit: https://rn12.ultipro.com/SON1002/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=164
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®, Free Realms®, Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, Vanguard® Saga of Heroes™, and DC Universe™ Online, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
SOE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.