Sony Online Entertainment
Position: Intermediate and Senior Rendering Programmers
Location: San Diego, CA
SOE’s game technology group is looking for intermediate and senior rendering programmers. The game tech group works on core engine technology, working closely with game teams to provide what they need to just go about the business of making their game. In addition, we support all existing and in-development teams by assisting with problems and providing best practices for using our technology.
Applicants must have experience shipping titles as rendering programmers on PC or console and be knowledgeable of modern rendering techniques and optimization strategies. We strongly value team centric developers who enjoy collaboration with peers and will enjoy not working directly on a game project with a service oriented team.
• Work as a member of the game technology group to create, maintain, and enhance our proprietary rendering technologies
• Work closely with game teams; assist them rendering tasks and provide best practices for using our technology
• Experience shipping titles as a rendering programmer on PC or console games
• Strong C++, HLSL (or equivalent), and 3D math skills
• Knowledge of modern lighting, shadowing, material, and effect techniques
• Enjoy working on a service oriented core technology team
• B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, PlanetSide® 2, DC Universe™ Online, and the highly anticipated Landmark™ and EverQuest Next™, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
SOE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.