Senior Systems Engineer Opportunity in the Tech Center! Great Company, Great Team! Apply to directly to email@example.com for more information.
This individual will be responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Performs engineering design evaluations.
- May develop a range of products.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- May require a bachelor's degree in engineering and at least 6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- This position requires an engineer who has a strong Linux\Unix background as an administrator to help architect, engineer, and improve Production environments running applications that have high visibility and a national footprint.
- Other opportunities include the ability to script and automate solutions and improve tools in production while tuning servers to meet application demands.
- Application: 2 - 4 Years
- Networking: 4 - 6 Years
- Storage Architecture: 2 - 4 Years
- Tooling: 2 - 4 Years
- Unix Shell Scripting: 4 - 6 Years
- Perl: 2 - 4 Years
- Unix Administrator: 6 + Years
- Linux System Administration (RHEL): 6+years
- Application Support - complex system, national footprint: 2-4 years
- Clustering technologies (Sun Cluster, Veritas, Oracle RAC, etc)
- Virtualization/Cloud experience (VMware, OpenStack)
- Application/Web Servers (Apache,JBoss, Tomcat)
- Must be willing to work in an Agile\Lean environment