SQL Server Database Administrator
The SQL Server DBA is responsible for all database administration functions in support of the Global Regulatory Product Compliance Team’s Intelligent Authoring software rollout. The IHS Intelligent Authoring application creates globally compliant, multi-lingual documents, such as product labels and shipping documents, which are necessary for the Global Supply Chain to satisfy legal mandates. The application will be deployed first to regional pilot sites then deployed globally to remaining sites as prioritized by the steering committee.
The candidate will collaborate with a cross-section of internal organizations, including application developers and business analysts, as well as external software vendors, to complete all project milestones within established timelines. The candidate must be able to analyze, troubleshoot and solve technical issues in a highly visible, mission critical environment. An emphasis is placed on skills such as installation and customization of packaged applications, database protection strategies, hardware and storage capacity planning, and maintaining application response time in a high volume and high concurrency system.
Technical Experience/Skills Required
• 3 - 5 years experience working with SQL Server database technologies.
• Good understanding of SQL Server architecture, instances and databases.
• Experience with Log Shipping, Mirroring, and High Availability (Failover Clustering).
• Experience with implementing and supporting maintenance plans.
• Experience using SQL Profiler to diagnose and resolve response time issues.
• Experience with activity monitoring, session management, ODBC connectivity.
• Experience with implementing and supporting SQL, SSIS.
• Experience with Transact-SQL.
• Working knowledge of key Windows packages and utilities including SSMS.
• Performance monitoring and tuning of development, test and production environments including identification and tuning of poor-performing application code and/or database configuration.
• Identify and automate regular database and application maintenance tasks.
• Work with Developers, System and Network administrators to support and improve system performance and stability.
• Create schemes, tables, procedures, permissions and indexes.
• Monitor systems and platforms for availability.
• Oversee backups, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
• Restore and recover corrupted databases.
• Refresh development databases from production databases.
• Install and test upgrades and patches.
• Work with vendor support on technical issues.
Non-Technical Skills Required
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• The positions requires flexible work hours to accommodate scheduled
off-hour installations and support.
Technical Experience/Skills Preferred
Conceptual knowledge of networking, storage and virtualization
Exposure to .NET
About Vital Resources
Vital Resources, Inc. offers flexible and comprehensive Sourcing Solutions to world-renowned organizations by providing services of high-caliber IT and financial professionals who are available for staff augmentation on a contract, contract-to-hire, or direct hire basis. Our high-caliber IT professionals offer expertise in project management, ERP implementation, custom programming, database management, analysis, QA testing, and a wide array of additional technical services.
We have been recognized by the State of Ohio for Excellence in Enterprise, and awarded Inside Business Magazine*s NEO Success Award along with several other awards for quality, innovation, business growth, and community service.
The firm is a Certified Woman-owned, Small Business Enterprise founded in 1990 by Charlene Connell, who currently serves as its president and CEO. Ms. Connell, also a recipient of several business awards for achievement, attributes the growth of Vital Resources to the importance that she and her team place on business relationship management, and vigilant tracking of business trends and changes in technology.
Join Our Award Winning Team
Vital Resources offers an entrepreneurial working environment that is fast-paced and dynamic. If you enjoy implementing the latest technology and working smart, you will experience outstanding career opportunities at Vital Resources*. We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package including healthcare, 401K, and life insurance.