The Robinson Group has been retained to find a key new person for a global client that is consistently voted one of the best places to work locally.
The company is well respected, provides exceptional total compensation and career growth.
The position is for a Product Development Engineer with Ethernet experience.
***Will provide relocation
- Facilitate communications between the company and external customers on market demands for Ethernet applications for the automotive industry.
- Interface with global Infotainment teams in support of Ethernet connector and cable assembly development.
- Act as a technical partner and provide support to Infotainment marketing and Customer OEM teams. Attend/support customer meetings and site visits.
- Work with customers to determine and document requirements and applications, develop, design, and analyze new Ethernet products, develop prototypes, define and oversee testing.
- Provide Platform and Custom design solutions for Ethernet and additional Infotainment data transmission products.
- Define and develop new product concepts with other global Infotainment departments that provide technical or cost advantages to the market/customer in order to improve Infotainment market position.
- Execution of simulation, tests and measurements of Ethernet solutions at the sub-system and system level.
- Develop Ethernet cable processing standards for the application of connectors.
- Support Launch teams in bringing Ethernet solutions to production.
- Troubleshoot design issues during production startup.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Previous experience with an Automotive Tier 1.
- Product development for the automotive market in accordance to QS9000: TS16949 is a plus.
- Experience in the field of Ethernet technology.
- Understanding of Ethernet connector and cable assembly process technologies.
- Understanding of AEC-Q100, Open Alliance with respect to physical layer, IEEE 1588, and IEEE 802.1AS
- Experience in simulations, test and measurements for Ethernet systems. - Experience using simulation software, such as HFSS and CST.
- Professional, structured, autonomous, and creative work style.
- Customer oriented and capable to liaise on technical matters.
- Excellent team player, able to cooperate with International teams.