The Robinson Group has been retained to fill a newly created position - a Senior SAP Specialist - WM.
Please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation.
The company is consistently voted one of the best companies to work for, has been growing by double digits annually for the past 10 years and offers very competitive compensation packages, benefits, and long term incentive.
This position will work across the company with diverse groups of business partners. - utilizing a blended mix of business knowledge and the ability to improve business process with technology.
This role will work closely with senior management in defining, developing, and implementing new capabilities and process improvements
- Serve as the SAP WMS point of contact and point of interaction with all associated business units and partners - understanding business needs, strategies, and goals.
- Configure SAP WMS, manage associated projects and identify and develop solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- Analyze business and user needs, and document customer specifications. Utilize analytical and problem solving skills to investigate, document, and resolve technology issues in a timely and courteous manner.
- Maintain support documentation with up to date processes and procedures.
- Provide leadership on projects, and facilitate the definition of project deliverables. Complete project deliverables based on the agreed scope; estimate work effort, duration, resources and requirements; ensure that requirements are being met.
- Define tracking mechanisms and ensure IT standards and methodology are met; manage the application health assessment for associated area; manage business partner expectations and project scope; motivate team members; track IT resources; appropriately report status; deliver quality results. Manage project plans and deliverables reporting on progress.
- Understand and facilitate the documenting of business processes and procedures cross-functionally within the business leveraging this knowledge to identify and recommend process and technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Serve as technical lead for operational support issues escalated by team members of key business partners. Work with IT and outside vendors to resolve technology issues for the business, corporate departments and other IT groups.
- Coordinate with other IT departments in the execution of system reboots, maintenance, upgrades/implementations, system and data restorations, mass data changes and system cleanup. Investigate and remedy the root cause of service delivery incidents. Work with software vendors and their resources and provide communication to the business owners.
- Develop and maintain processes and standard operating procedures as appropriate. Develop support schedules.
- Maintain project updates, issue resolution documentation and daily support communication with business community. Primary contact on large projects.
- Responsible for the coordination of project status meetings and project updates to business steering committees and IT Leadership. Maintain communication between the company and vendors pertaining to external projects. Keep project manager and direct project team updated on project status.
- Coach and mentor other team members; provide constructive suggestions as to recommended training, work approach, processes and procedures. Actively seek opportunities for roles which provide career growth for Associates; serve as a resource and knowledge expert to project manager in the project areas. Participate and provide input on the hiring and selection process.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering) preferred, or technical certifications, or related experience
- 7 to 10 plus years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience in large, cross functional projects and understand working across business teams - HR, Finance, etc...
- SAP WMS configuration