Programmer Analyst - J2EE Developer, PL/SQL, XML
We are seeking a qualified J2EE Developer to support a dynamic Federal government agency focusing on quality coding.
The candidate must have following skills and experiences:
- Strong J2EE application full life cycle development experience including specifying, building and deploying on Application servers and Web Services applications.
- Strong Analysis experience including Rational Unified Process (RUP), Domain Modeling, Usecases, Data Patterns, etc.
- Strong relational Data Base knowledge/experiences such as Oracle database. Demonstrated experiences in understanding and writing complex queries, stored procedures, best practices in programming for relational databases.
- Design Skills includes Infrastructure and Feature definition, Componentization, Object Oriented Design using UML, User Interface Design, API for System Integration of COTS
- Programming in Java, EJB, J2EE, PL/SQL, SQL, XML, XSLT, Perl, Java Script
- Experiences in Unix platform, Linux, Window NT, etc.
- Experience with tools such as Eclipse, Rational Rose, Visio, Toad, SVN
- Ability to understand/pick up business domain knowledge within a short time period. Good verbal communication. Good writing skills such as writing systems or application documentation, etc.
- Good team player and is willing to work with domain people (non-IT people) as well as developers and team leader.
- Any UMLS, Medical or medical drug knowledge is plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree computer science or related field preferred
- two or more years of systems programming experience
- Experience working with appropriate application programming, programming languages and analysis procedures
- Experience working with software, systems, applications and network markets
- Experience working with business environment, market needs and competition
- Experience working with data warehousing standards, strategies and tools, and company testing methodologies and other relevant technical procedures
- Two or more years of developing, debugging, testing, and implementing J2EE applications in a relational database environment.
- Two or more years experience of some or all of the following: HTTP and XML based services, Hibernate, XHTML, JSF, Ajax, Web-based components (JSP, XSLT), WebSphere, Struts, Spring, Apache, Tomcat, Java Design Patterns (GOF), and Rational tool suite.
- Experience working with and following Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies.
- Experience following software development and J2EE best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with customers and team members.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to lead others on the project team.