Senior Software Engineer Mobile Applications.
We are looking for experienced, talented technologist to develop high-quality software for the media services as we bring it to our rapidly expanding community. Depending on your skill set and experience, you may contribute in one or more areas of development, including web applications, partner APIs, large-scale data stores and analytics, and more.
You will be expected to come up to speed quickly on difficult problems, become a significant contributor to a hard-working team, and to take pride in your work. We have high expectations, and are looking for seasoned engineers with experience in a wide range of areas. This is not an entry-level position.
You should have a deep understanding of Java application development and scalability and SQL. You must be capable of managing your time well and working efficiently without close supervision. You place a high value on automated testing and have experience using test frameworks such as JUnit to test your work. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience.
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java.
- Expert level experience developing software for deployment on Linux/Unix.
- Expert level experience working with Apache with Jetty or Tomcat.
- Experience working with back-end databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL) , using SQL.
- Significant experience unit testing with frameworks such as JUnit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Significant experience developing web applications
- Experience developing software for consumer devices such as mobile phones, game consoles, or set-top boxes.
- Well-versed in highly scalable solutions in data storage, analysis and reporting for multi-terabyte data sets.
- Knowledge of data- intensive, no-SQL architectures (e.g. Hadoop, HDFS, PIG) and Map-Reduce concepts.
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers.
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field.