The Senior QA Engineer is responsible for the testing and automating tests of MobiTV Server and Media components.
- Creation, maintenance, and execution of both blackbox and whitebox tests
- Creation/evolution of QA infrastructure, processes, tools, harnesses, environments, etc.
- Developing JUnit tests in Java
- 4+ years QA, development or performance engineering experience
- 2+ years scripting / automation experience. Java experience preferred
- 2+ years hands-on UNIX / Linux experience for Application Server infrastructures. Includes installation, performance assessment of applications, WAR file installation, Tomcat configuration, n-tier application server architectures
- Ability to use and develop tests for automated test tools/processes
- Previous experience in wireless data applications a strong plus
- Between 25% - 50% travel to India may be required
Experience and Education:
- Good knowledge/experience of Oracle DB
- Scripting languages: Unix shell, Perl, Awk, Python, TCL, etc.
- Web interface tools (e.g. cgi, html, etc)
- System operation, monitoring, tuning
- Linux/Redhat and/or UNIX mandatory
- B.S. or equivalent experience
Preferred experience in the following areas:
- HTTP protocols, clients and servers
- Must have experience with server-side or backend/API testing
- Must be capable and willing to perform the entire range of QA activities, from high level planning to lowest level test execution
- Must have ability to thrive in a fast pace, dynamic startup environment