IT Project Manager
The IT Project Manager is responsible for managing technical projects for the Information Technology organization. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices for managing IT related initiatives.
- Reports to the Chief Information Officer.
- Manage and oversee IT projects and acts as primary liaison between all teams assigned to the project including system implementations and system upgrades
- Responsible for successful project delivery within scope, schedule, quality, and budget
- Successfully manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Provide project plans, work breakdown structure, business requirements documents, functional specifications, technical specifications, test plans, deployment plans and schedules
- Runs regular project status meetings; tracks and prioritizes tasks for teams; ensures all project health/status metrics and performance indicators are accurate and communicated effectively
- Communicates projects information and manages relationships with project stakeholders, cross functional departments, external agencies, and outside vendors
- Leads project team and manages resource needs based on project requirements; tracks project deadlines, time, tasks, completions, milestones, and allocation of internal and external resources
- Coordinates transition of completed projects to operations, including development of a production support plan.
- Performs risk assessment, response planning, and developing mitigation strategies.
- Prepares reports and briefings on project status, progress, changes, and related items related to scope, schedule, and budget
- Analyzes, tracks and reports on project trends; escalates when needed to keep project on track
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in a team environment, effectively interacting with others
- Customer satisfaction a high priority for self and team
- Conduct lessons learned reviews with Systems Engineering staff
- Results oriented, and demonstrates a can-do attitude adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Administration, IT, Finance or Marketing.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Information Technology preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in Technology Project Management
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in information systems.
- Proven requirements and process analysis experience.
- Detail Orientated with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous.
- Solid Leadership skills.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Requires up to 25% travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Pre-Employment drug test and criminal background check.