Carpathia is a trusted cloud operator and leading provider of cloud services and managed hosting for government agencies and enterprises. We are committed to developing motivated and insightful thought-leaders and provide career opportunities and experiences service customers that demand high security, quality and performance.
Carpathia Inc. is looking for a Senior Network Operations Engineer for our corporate headquarters in Dulles, VA.
As a key member of the engineering team you will be directly responsible for the successful support of the network (routers / switches) & security devices (firewalls / IDP’s) and overall posture of our customers networks. Communication with customers and vendors in a clear and professional manner is an absolute must.
Carpathia is a fast paced environment and the ability to multitask and prioritize complex work whilst paying attention to the details will be critical to your success.
Primary Responsibilities: -
- Perform design, hands-on configuration and installation of all aspects of network and security related devices with a clients network security in mind.
- Work closely with clients to develop clear requirements for configuration changes / upgrades and in turn develop clear maintenance plans.
- Work closely with the systems team and network teams to troubleshoot potential network issues
- Interact with vendor technical support groups to resolve problems and bugs
- Tier 3 support rotation
Other Responsibilities for the Network Operations team: -
- Product testing and network infrastructure OS validation
- Capacity planning and proactive systems upgrades
- Develop internal training and mentor other network engineering team members
In addition to general Microsoft Office and Visio experience we require: -
- Experience with the configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the following products
- Juniper routers and switches, including the M & MX series
- Juniper SSG & SRX series firewalls
- Cisco routers and switches, including the 7600 & 6500 series
- Cisco Pix/ASA firewall and VPN concentrator configuration
- Experience with the following devices is a plus
- Foundry switches including the ServerIron & BigIron series
- F5 BigIP Load Balancers
- Citrix Netscaler
- Knowledge of Network Security and Cisco / Juniper advanced security configurations (access lists, control-plane policer, firewall filters) and IPSec networks.
- Experience with network statistical monitoring and analysis, including the use of SNMP agents,
- Experience with enterprise class Network Management platforms (NSM)
- Experience operating in secure networks to meet various compliance standards such as FISMA / DIACAP, NIPR/SIPR experience a plus
Technical Certifications requested
- Juniper Security Certifications at JNCIP / JNCIE level,(or equivalent experience)
- Cisco Security Certification at CCNP or better (or equivalent experience)
- CISSP preferred
- 8 years of progressive network engineering experience
- BS / BA in a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Carpathia, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.