The Walker Group provides proactive network management and computer support services including remote and on-site maintenance, security, connectivity, interactive design and web development, strategic IT planning, disaster recovery solutions, virtualization, cloud services and IT Staffing. The Walker Team is equipped to assist in protecting, upgrading and maintaining IT environments along with promoting business objectives.
This High Level Engineering position offers the opportunity to experience Pre-Sales, Solutions, Architecture and Technical Advisory Services while recommending technical solutions to current and prospective customers. Plan, design, install and upgrade all aspects of an IT Network. Our "Best in Class" goal is to remedy network environments
and satisfy business objectives.
* Troubleshoot network architecture and make recommendations for system fixes and enhancements.
* Applicant must have experience dealing with multiple client sites on a consultative basis.
* Manage routers, network switches, firewall configurations, remote and network management software.
* Provide pre-sales technical support to the sales staff by providing estimating, quoting and project management support.
* Make recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operations costs.
* Collaborate with network engineers, architects and other team members on the implementation, testing, deployment and integration of network systems.
* Provide reports to IT staff regarding network system performance, utilization and compliance.
* Work with C Level decision makers as assist with business initiative and tech planning.
* Mentor Network Engineers.
* 10 years of experience with Microsoft Windows Networks
* Experience in multiple client environments on a consultative basis
* Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Windows XP/Vista and 7, 8 and VMWare. Mac OS and Linux/Unix OS is a plus.
* Networking Experience: Cisco Routers and Switches, SonicWall Firewall or Business Class Hardware Firewalls, VPN Appliances, SPAM and Web Filters.
* Server/Infrastructure: HP, Dell, IBM
* Software: Microsoft Exchange up to 2010, Citrix, and Blackberry Enterprise Server.
* Experience in Backup Solutions and Disaster Recovery Planning
* Self-motivated with good communication skills and comfortable starting projects in an independent environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and organization skills are a must; you must have the ability to make recommendations based on cost effectiveness as well as technical efficiencies.
* CS/MIS or Industry related degree.
* Industry certifications (MCITP, MCSA, CNE, CNA, MCSE, MCPS), or any background in MAC OS and/or UNIX would be considered a plus!