The Procurement Specialist Sr. in the IT Vendor Management organization shall have the following responsibilities with respect to the procurement and management of IT goods and services:
- Soliciting, evaluating, negotiating, and awarding contracts for hardware, software, and or IT consulting services.
- Administering contracts by assuring compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts, including resolution of problems concerning the obligations of the parties.
- Terminating contracts by analyzing, negotiating, and settling claims and proposals.
- Analyzing and evaluating cost or price proposals and accounting systems data.
- Planning, establishing, or reviewing contracts, programs, policies, or procedures.
- Formulating and administering policies and procedures to insure achievement of company policies, goals, and objectives and consistent with best procurement and contract management best practices.
- Developing acquisition strategies and directing or managing procurements.
- Provides advisory services to IT and Non-IT staff with respect to vendor management.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to generate internal process improvements and /or cost savings opportunities.
*This is a manager-level position but does not have direct reports (i.e. rather, it s the management of a process).
Must Have Skills:
- Must have experience in either procurement and/or vendor management as a PRIMARY responsibility (5+ years).
- Experience in strategic sourcing, leading negotiations in IT (responsibility day in and day out); negotiating contracts in hardware, software, or IT services.
- Seeking someone with experience in producing competitive bids (RFIs and RFPs), working with stakeholders and asking them the right questions, overcoming sales issues/conflicts, and managing vendor-related disputes.
- Individual MUST be able to write very well (will have to be able to produce appropriate language for their contracts; produce writing specifications, red-lining of contracts).
- IT background necessary (healthcare industry desired but not required).
Job Requirements Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Management or related discipline is PREFERRED, or equivalent amount of years in education/experience.
- 8+ years IT professional experience, including 5 years developing, amending and working with vendor contracts/maintenance agreements and vendors as outsourcers both on-site and off-shore.
- 5+ years in working within a request for proposal/information/quote process, developing statements of work, negotiating contracts and managing sourcing partnerships.
- Experience with the management of software licensing agreements to ensure compliance.
- Experience with and a sound understanding of asset management processes.