The Robinson Group has partnered with our local, global client to find them a key new addition to their database team.
The SQLServer position is primarily responsible for supporting Microsoft SQL Server administration activities. Will be trained in Oracle as well.
Opportunity for H1B visa transfer.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
The responsibilities will include code migration, patch analysis, administration, implement data models, database design and platform architecture and data access as well as resolving database performance issues and capacity issues.
The position will:
- Provide technical support for the company's production databases and associated technologies, including SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012 (the Oracle environment is both 10 and 11G).
- Maintain security and overall reliability of all database platforms.
- Install database systems, applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions and documents actions.
- Perform database monitoring, maintenance, reorganizations, resource management, schema management, and capacity planning and performance tuning for the company's databases.
- Apply patches to fix bugs and/or enhance functionality and security as required and in conjunction with the company's procedures for change control.
- Provide technical architecture and design as required.
- Perform code promotions in compliance with the company's procedures for change control.
- Work with developers and analysts to support development efforts. Clone SQL server and Oracle databases as needed to support development and testing efforts.
- 6-8 years' experience with SQL Server.
- Bachelors Degree.
- SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2012.
- Expert knowledge and strong proven experience in MSSQL Database Administration.
- SQL diagnostic manager (Idera).
- Windows Clustering, SQL Cluster and Mirroring.
- MSSQL High Availability, Always On and Replication.
- Database installation, design and implementation.
- Database upgrade and platform migration.
- Ability to write complex T-SQL Queries and Stored Procedures.
- SQL Server installation, design and implementation.
- Create/Support automated scripted solutions to perform various administration and monitoring tasks.
- Backup/Recovery, Database Export/Import, Data pump and RMAN.
- Disaster recovery and Data Guard.
- Performance tuning.
- Server and operating system knowledge (Windows, Linux and unix platforms).
- Requires strong analytical skills and scripting skills