We are seeking Lead iOS Mobile Developers to architect, develop and debug applications utilizing Apple's iOS SDK. The candidate will take the lead on day-to-day development tasks on projects and will delegate tasks to other developers on the team. The candidate will be required to solve problems and assist in debugging issues with other developers. The role will entail working with the technical architect and/or project manager to estimate overall timelines and risks to management, as well as participate in design meetings to address the feasibility of design requirements.
Lead Mobile Developers must ensure that the projects assigned to them are completed on time and as designed. They will be required to spot problems and bring them to management's attention as soon as possible. They must be able to interact with other disciplines (creative, back-end services, etc.) and developers to clearly specify when required elements are due in order to deliver on schedule.
The ideal candidate will have IT consulting experience, be familiar with a team approach to execution, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be willing to travel. They are also expected to guide junior developers.
Required Experience / Skills
• Ability to lead a team of developers, both local and remote, including code reviews, task estimation and assignments
• Extensive experience with the three most current versions of the iOS SDK
• Have at least three apps in the Apple App Store
• Complete understanding of standard iOS interface components such as table views, collection views, navigation controllers, various button and control types, etc., as well as creating custom interface elements
• Experience working with Core graphics and Core animations
• Complete understanding of Cocoa programming methodologies and memory management
• Experience with Interface Builder and storyboards in which at least two apps were created using Interface Builder as the primary UI tool
• Experience with Web Services (either JSON and XML-formatted return data)
• An understanding of block and multi-threaded-based programming concepts
• Experience with source control systems such as Git, SVN, etc.
• Familiarity with Apple's enterprise developer accounts and ad-hoc distribution on standard developer accounts
• 5+ years of experience in software development with at least 3+ years of mobile iOS development
Nice to Have
• Familiarity with Swift
• Experience with AV media frameworks
• Experience with iOS's networking framework
• Experience with SQL-based database systems and/or Core data technologies