Job Summary & Responsibilities
This role forms part of the Configuration Management Services team under Global Services Engineering pillar. The successful candidate will be required to architect, engineer and automate Configuration Management Infrastructure that serves the entire firm. The candidate should be well aware of Config Management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Saltstack as well as well versed in Pythong/Perl along with Unix internals and architecture. He/She should be able to act as the engineering escalation point to take ownership of escalated issues and resolve them The successful candidate will work as part of a global team and be one of the primary contacts for Americas across Configuration Management products set. He/She will be responsible for driving standardization, adhering to development best practices as well as driving architectural direction. Build toolset as needed in support of the platform and reporting there off. The individual must be highly motivated and be able to work independently under pressure, face-off to clients and work within a global context.
• Design, develop, test and implement Configuration Management tools and it’s supporting infrastructure.
• Development of products and systems to enable automation around Configuration Management and help improve efficiency.
• Provide application lifecycle support for Config Management Platform with continuous focus on improvement and performance measurement.
• Act as an engineering escalation point for the support team.
• Understand the regional dependencies and drive the regional requirements.
• Meet security and regulatory requirements as part of the design and rollout on Config Management infrastructure and it’s supporting toolsets.
• Lifecycle management of Config Management infrastructure including but not limited to Config Mgmt application and all it’s supporting toolsets.
• Build and maintain relationships with various technology and business organizations.
• Contribute to the technical understanding and promotion of new and existing standards, solutions, and tools.
• Local change management and incident management representation for Autosys and it’s supporting toolsets
• Interface directly to the local client base, executing their requirements within a global framework.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Highly self motivated and ability to work in high paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills - good client facing skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
• 6+ years of experience as an Python Developer/Configuration Management Engineer working with Chef/Puppet/CFEngine/Saltstack etc.
• Expertise and experience implementing Enterptise Software Solutions on Unix platforms.
• Working knowledge of configuration management framework is an advantage but not a must.
• Expertise with Linux and Windows OS platforms and Perl, Shell Scripting and Python.
• Good understanding of Networking concepts.
• Deep understanding of Unix operating system, and internals are preferred.
• Understanding of NoSQL technologies, specifically cassandra is preferred but not a must.
• Having worked in environment supporting 10000+ servers a plus.